Areas of Practice
- Personal injury
- Wrongful Death
- Automobile Accidents and Injuries
- Slip and Fall
- Civil Practice
- Trial Practice
- Appellate Practice
- Criminal Law
- New York, 1997
- Pennsylvania, 1997
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 1998
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1998
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2003
- University at Buffalo Law School, Buffalo, New York, 1996, J.D.
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Law Journal: Buffalo Journal of International Law, Articles Editor
- University of Pennsylvania Moore School of Engineering, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1986, B.S. in Engineering
- University of Pennsylvania Wharton School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1986, B.S. in Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Jamestown Bar Association, Member, Past President
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Criminal Justice Section, Past Executive Board Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- People v Pattison (Chautauqua County – 63 AD3d 1600) – successful criminal appeal resulting in reversal of double murder conviction and dismissal of the indictment based upon improper notice of grand jury proceedings.
- People v Wells (Chautauqua County) – successful trial defense where client was acquitted of murder and convicted of lesser offense based upon psychiatric defense.
- People v Korzeniewski (Chautauqua County) – successful criminal defense where client charged with murder was found not responsible by reason of mental disease.
- Anonymous – multi-million dollar settlement against utility company for personal injuries and damages arising out of natural gas explosion.
HONORS, AWARDS AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
- Busti Town Court, Town Justice, 2010 – Present
- Chautauqua Lake Management Commission, Past Chairman
- Chautauqua Watershed Conservancy, Past President