Jamestown, Lakewood and Chautauqua County DUI/DWI Defense Attorneys
Being arrested and charged with drunk driving in the state of New York is serious. Just being charged affects your reputation and may cause you problems with your employment. If you are a divorced parent, child custody and visitation may be jeopardized.
If you are convicted, you face heavy fines, suspension or revocation of your driver’s license, community service, forced participation in an alcohol rehabilitation treatment program and even imprisonment. If you live out of state, a New York DUI conviction may have collateral consequences and require special precautions during litigation.
You may think there is no hope, but there are defenses available, such as:
- Your Fourth Amendment right may have been violated if law enforcement did not have probable cause to stop your car.
- Your Fifth Amendment right to remain silent may have been violated if law enforcement improperly questioned you without informing you of your right to remain silent.
- If you were given a Breathalyzer test, the machine must have been properly calibrated and maintained and administered only by a properly trained and certified law enforcement officer.
- There may be medical conditions and improper administration of the Breathalyzer test that resulted in a false positive.
- Field sobriety tests may have been improperly conducted.
Our experienced DUI/DWI attorneys at Erickson Webb Scolton & Hajdu know how to fight for your rights and work to obtain the best possible result. Contact us for a consultation as soon as possible. The earlier we can begin your defense, the better the outcome may be.